- Start: Bishop’s Stortford station (station code BIS, postcode CM23 3BL)
- Finish: Bishop’s Stortford station (station code BIS, postcode CM23 3BL)
- Distance: 15.12km
- Total ascent: 204m
- Naismith time: 3h 22m
- London terminus: Liverpool Street
- Ticketing: Day return to Bishop’s Stortford
- Intermediate transport: Bus to Bishop’s Stortford at Stansted Mountfitchet (5.62km)
- Facilities: Convenience shop at Manston Drive (1.59km); restaurant at Stansted Mountfitchet (5.62km); pub at Hazel End (7.10km); café at Wickham Hall (10.89km); all facilities in Bishop’s Stortford
Bishop’s Stortford has expanded several times in its history from being a mere ford on the Stort. The urban and suburban sections at the start and finish are in Hertfordshire, but the bulk of the route is in rural Essex, with farmland pretty much all the way when you are outside the Stortford northern ring road. Gentle gradients and a high proportion of fieldpaths make for a pleasant stroll.
- Full details, including directions
Disclaimer and advisory notices
Note that lwalks.london can accept no responsibility for content on an external site or in an external publication, nor for any action by an external site which renders our content or link outdated or unworkable. Furthermore, lwalks.london retains the liberty to unlink external content at any time if the content loses relevance to the linking page(s).
Images used on the lwalks.london site are either owned by lwalks.london, or are subject to a licence-to-use held by lwalks.london. These images must not be further used by any third party without the explicit permission of lwalks.london, or of the original image licensor. A small number of images are in the public domain.
Routes are to be followed entirely at the walker’s own risk: lwalks.london can take no responsibility for any inconvenience, damage, loss or injury caused by attempting to follow a route, which is no more than a mere suggestion of a possible enterprise.
We should be happy to learn of any changes to the line of a walk and/or its attendant facilities, or to consider an image which you own for inclusion on the site, lwalks.london thus being granted a free and non-exclusive licence to use the image anywhere on its site. Please contact us.