- Start: Flitwick station (station code FLT, postcode MK45 1AJ)
- Finish: Millbrook station (station code MLB, postcode MK45 2JH)
- Distance: 14.60km
- Total ascent: 207m
- Naismith time: 3h 16m
- London termini: St Pancras, Thameslink (change Bedford on return)
- Ticketing: Day return to Lidlington (same price as Millbrook, but is valid for the earlier endpoint)
- Intermediate transport: Buses to Bedford and Flitwick at Ampthill (4.58km); trains to Millbrook at Lidlington (10.97km)
- Facilities: All facilities in Flitwick and Ampthill (4.58km); convenience shop in Lidlington (10.97km)
The first hour of the walk is concerned with getting out of Flitwick and through Ampthill, and this would be a good choice if that warm-up hour were to be advantageous. Beyond the centre of Ampthill, the walk crosses Ampthill Park (which always seems to have echoes of Evelyn Waugh) and takes the Greensand ridge before descending to Marston Vale at Lidlington (truncating the walk here would give 11km as a total), finishing on the level to Millbrook station.
- Full details, including directions
Disclaimer and advisory notices
Note that lwalks.london can accept no responsibility for content on an external site or in an external publication, nor for any action by an external site which renders our content or link outdated or unworkable. Furthermore, lwalks.london retains the liberty to unlink external content at any time if the content loses relevance to the linking page(s).
Images used on the lwalks.london site are either owned by lwalks.london, or are subject to a licence-to-use held by lwalks.london. These images must not be further used by any third party without the explicit permission of lwalks.london, or of the original image licensor. A small number of images are in the public domain.
Routes are to be followed entirely at the walker’s own risk: lwalks.london can take no responsibility for any inconvenience, damage, loss or injury caused by attempting to follow a route, which is no more than a mere suggestion of a possible enterprise.
We should be happy to learn of any changes to the line of a walk and/or its attendant facilities, or to consider an image which you own for inclusion on the site, lwalks.london thus being granted a free and non-exclusive licence to use the image anywhere on its site. Please contact us.