- Start: Mortimer station (station code MOR, postcode RG7 3NY)
- Finish: Bramley (Hampshire) station (station code BMY, postcode RG26 5AG)
- Distance: 12.64km
- Total ascent: 150m
- Naismith time: 2h 46m
- London terminus: Paddington (change Reading)
- Ticketing: Day return to Bramley (Hampshire)
- Intermediate transport: Buses to Reading from Mortimer (2.45km)
- Facilities: All facilities in Mortimer (2.45km); pub, bakery and convenience shop in Bramley
The jewel at the centrepiece of this walk is undoubtedly Calleva, the Roman town at Silchester, and the route ensures a good look at the site, including its amphitheatre. There are country paths before and after the Roman explorations. The route makes use of Mortimer and Bramley for their facilities, but roadwork is kept to a minimum.
- Full details, including directions
Disclaimer and advisory notices
Note that lwalks.london can accept no responsibility for content on an external site or in an external publication, nor for any action by an external site which renders our content or link outdated or unworkable. Furthermore, lwalks.london retains the liberty to unlink external content at any time if the content loses relevance to the linking page(s).
Images used on the lwalks.london site are either owned by lwalks.london, or are subject to a licence-to-use held by lwalks.london. These images must not be further used by any third party without the explicit permission of lwalks.london, or of the original image licensor. A small number of images are in the public domain.
Routes are to be followed entirely at the walker’s own risk: lwalks.london can take no responsibility for any inconvenience, damage, loss or injury caused by attempting to follow a route, which is no more than a mere suggestion of a possible enterprise.
We should be happy to learn of any changes to the line of a walk and/or its attendant facilities, or to consider an image which you own for inclusion on the site, lwalks.london thus being granted a free and non-exclusive licence to use the image anywhere on its site. Please contact us.