- Start: Welwyn North station (station code WLW, postcode AL6 0AS)
- Finish: Welwyn North station (station code WLW, postcode AL6 0AS)
- Distance: 14.10km
- Total ascent: 109m
- Naismith time: 3h 00m
- London terminus: Kings Cross
- Ticketing: Day return to Welwyn North
- Intermediate transport: none
- Facilities: Pubs at Burnham Green (2.65km), Datchworth (5.59km), Bulls Green (7.12km), Upper Green (9.66km), Tewin (10.40km) and Welwyn North; cafés at Datchworth (5.59km) and Tewin (10.40km); convenience shop at Tewin (10.40km)
Between the two railways which converge at Stevenage, and north of the River Mimram, there is a fine piece of rural Hertfordshire, where woods alternate with farmland, and where there are sufficient small villages to provide the necessities (even, it seems, for a minor pub crawl). This walk probes the area nearer to Welwyn North station: gentle gradients give no cause for the walker’s alarm.
- Full details, including directions
Disclaimer and advisory notices
Note that lwalks.london can accept no responsibility for content on an external site or in an external publication, nor for any action by an external site which renders our content or link outdated or unworkable. Furthermore, lwalks.london retains the liberty to unlink external content at any time if the content loses relevance to the linking page(s).
Images used on the lwalks.london site are either owned by lwalks.london, or are subject to a licence-to-use held by lwalks.london. These images must not be further used by any third party without the explicit permission of lwalks.london, or of the original image licensor. A small number of images are in the public domain.
Routes are to be followed entirely at the walker’s own risk: lwalks.london can take no responsibility for any inconvenience, damage, loss or injury caused by attempting to follow a route, which is no more than a mere suggestion of a possible enterprise.
We should be happy to learn of any changes to the line of a walk and/or its attendant facilities, or to consider an image which you own for inclusion on the site, lwalks.london thus being granted a free and non-exclusive licence to use the image anywhere on its site. Please contact us.